Characteristics of heavy metals on particles with different sizes from municipal solid waste incineration

M. B. Chang, C. K. Huang, H. T. Wu, J. J. Lin, S. H. Chang

研究成果: 雜誌貢獻期刊論文同行評審

84 引文 斯高帕斯(Scopus)

摘要

Information on the concentration and size distribution of particles in the flue gas streams is essential for selecting and designing particle removal systems. Two municipal solid waste incinerators (MWIs) were selected for conducting flue gas sampling to determine the particulate distribution and heavy metals concentration on particles with different sizes by US EPA Method 5 sampling train and a cascade impactor. In addition, the characteristics of heavy metals contained on particles were investigated via isokinetic sampling of flue gas stream of air pollution control devices (APCDs). The experimental results indicated that average particulate matter (PM) concentrations at APCDs inlet were 2288.2±825.9 and 3069.2±810.0 mg/N m3, while the concentrations of PM at stack were 1.51±0.20 and 14.81±4.52 mg/N m3 in MWI-A and MWI-B, respectively. The differential mass size distribution of PM and different elemental size distribution of Zn, Pb, and Cu in front of APCDs were of bimodal forms. Results indicate that Zn>Pb>Cu in order of mass concentration in each stage. The fine particles represent approximately 70% and the coarse particles account for the rest 30% of total particulate matters collected on eight stages for both incinerators. Zn, Pb and Cu on fine particles account for approximately 80% and those on the coarse particles are less than 20% of the total heavy metals collected on eight stages of the cascade impactor for both incinerators.

原文???core.languages.en_GB???
頁(從 - 到)229-239
頁數11
期刊Journal of Hazardous Materials
79
發行號3
DOIs
出版狀態已出版 - 15 12月 2000

指紋

深入研究「Characteristics of heavy metals on particles with different sizes from municipal solid waste incineration」主題。共同形成了獨特的指紋。

引用此