This work investigates the existence of globally Lipschitz continuous solutions to a class of initial-boundary value problem of quasilinear wave equations. Applying the Lax's method and generalized Glimm's method, we construct the approximate solutions of initial-boundary Riemann problem near the boundary layer and perturbed Riemann problem away from the boundary layer. By showing the weak convergence of residuals for the approximate solutions, we establish the global existence for the derivatives of solutions and obtain the existence of global Lipschitz continuous solutions of the problem.
- Generalized Glimm's method
- Hyperbolic systems of balance laws
- Initial and boundary Riemann problem
- Lax's method
- Perturbed Riemann problem
- Quasilinear wave equations